Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Flying off track ....



Without going into details, let me just say that I am flying a little "off track". I was thinking about this yesterday in the shower and remembered reading Steven Coveys book, 7 habits of Highly Effective Families. In it, he talks about how we are off track 90% of the time. Yes, I have a flight plan but I am stuck in some wind and rain turbulence right now. The key to getting back is having a sense of destination. As members of the church, we know what that destination is. But sometimes it seems so far away and impossible to reach, that I feel I am flying around aimlessly. I know what I need to do, and that is to check in with the control tower. Easier said than done right now. But I am not going to get down on myself. My hope lies "not in the deviations, but in the
vision, the plan, and the ability to get back on track" (covey).

2 comments:

kelly said...

so proud of you and your blog and also that you are redirecting your flight! we love you and are here for you!

Elder Akina's Mom said...

Your girls are gorgeous! Happy to see Makana too. Miss you.