Saturday, November 1, 2008

One more halloween ...



Ariana as a maid. Me as a dream girl and ANela as a gogo girl. FUN!!!

Tonight I went trick or treatin' with Anela and Ariana. I must admit, Halloween is not my favorite holiday and I did nothing special for the kids. No decorations, no special meals, no costumes even, we just had to use what we have. Even though I have spent a number of years in the USA, I still have a hard time understanding the concept if spending a lot of money on large amounts of candy we cannot consume. (we did not have halloween in New Zealand when I was growing up). Nevertheless, what I did tonight was put on a smile (and even a costume) and walk around Laie with them until they were satisfied. I mean, thats what love really is anyway.... isn't it about giving up your time to your kids so they have fun, even if you couldn't care less.
Makana and AMber were not with me tonight. They decided to go to the North Shore and spend time with their friends. This is the first time EVER I have been without them on halloween and I admit, it was hard. I really missed them and it made me grateful that I took advantage of the time I have left with the younger two, because one day they wont need me. Im glad today that I had to carry Anelas candy bag for her and even carry her shoes. Im glad that she needed help putting on and taking off her earings and costume. Its ok with me that she needs my help through one more halloween....

2 comments:

Bear said...

I miss you guys so much! I don't know if you feel any different, but I miss coming home to you guys and sharing our days together. I think about you all the time. I love you guys and continue to pray for your happiness. You are an amazing family and I cherish every memory I had with you.

kelly said...

i totally agree that you do things for your kids, fun or not. last night we took baxter trunk or treating, he's the only one left at home with us!
fancy girls!