Monday, August 31, 2009

For Sarah and Kelly

So, now that Sarah has a blog she's getting all bossy (I know, not a surprise ) about me updating mine. So this is for Sarah and Kelly. I told them my last blog entry was still current since I am still working on getting back in shape!!! Anyway, I must thank them and Sas for having a birthday get together for me yesterday. It was really nice. For years now (since Jon's been gone) I have been sad on my birthday and not really wanted to do anything but yesterday I was not sad at all. I woke up after a good nights rest in my nice big Bed (yes empty except for me) in my air conditioned bedroom and I found notes that my kids had posted for me around the house. We had a nice breakfast together and ate crepes, yummy!!! Then I got two leis, one from Chailoh and another from the kids. Makana bought me a dozen red roses, SPoiled!! Church was nice, lots of people said Happy Birthday and then the runnels (that means Rivers and Fatongias too) started showing up. We had a delicious taco festival with lots of desserts (too many) and I was so full when everyone left. So, thanks to my friends and family for being so good to me. I love you all. I did have a small Jon moment. I was sitting in sunday school by myself and I thought of him. He was sitting next to me and he put his arm around me and said Happy Birthday. It is hard to know if he is really there or if I imagine him there, but many times when those thoughts come out of the blue - I wonder if they are small moments of eternity trying to pierce through to us.
Either way, it was nice. Mahalo everyone! I love you guys ...

Kelly made these chocolate strawberries. She combined my love of strawberries and her love of chocolate. A perfect match!



3 comments:

kelly said...

it was really fun, it was nice to hang with "the core":) those strawberries were yummy despite the hour and a half traffic car ride in the sun!
we love you and are so happy to do anything to make your birthday special! i am so happy you had a jon moment, he is there especially on your b-day!

♥The Fatongia's♥ said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful birthday! It was so nice to have everyone together again...we have to keep that up! We had so much fun! I was so happy to hear about your "jon moment" and I know that he wouldn't have missed it! He's with us and YOU in all we do and his spirit is what made the party so enjoyable ;-) Like Kelly said, we would do anything for you and WE LOVE YOU!

U'i and Kahana said...

awww, those notes the kids left around are sooooo cute! how precious. we're glad you had a wonderful birthday! and FOR SURE that was jon next to you :0) you werent imagining anything. he was there :0) love you!